Long known as the Pearl of Africa, with the continent’s tallest mountains, the Nile River, endangered gorillas and the Big Five, Uganda attracts many tourists and wildlife adventurers. Yet, after facing two decades of inter-tribal warfare and the AIDS epidemic, Ugandans need hope.
Over half the country’s population is under age 14, and more than 2 million of those children are orphans. New church plants are changing lives, but local pastors need missionaries to support their efforts as they become established. RIM staff have partnered with a multi-ethnic church in Chicago fro the last 6 years as part of our Urban Immersion trips.
This church has an incredible reach into their community, and, for the past 9 years, they have also been church planting in Uganda. Recently, they’ve been praying for teams to join them in Uganda so RIM is excited to send a team for the very first time.
- Care for orphans left behind by AIDS
- Assist church-planting pastors with outreach
- Teach English for students and orphans
- Share Gospel presentations in schools
- Train and disciple young people in local churches
- Sample native foods like ugali and matooke
- Encounter amazing wildlife up close
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Nile river
2017 Uganda Trip
|July 1-29 (1 month) - $3,895||APPLY|
First Look at Uganda
Check out this video our ministry partners made during their own mission trip…
Click each of the photos below to learn more about RIM’s work in Africa…