With exotic elephants, tropical rain forests, floating markets and ancient ruins, tourism thrives in Thailand, but it also attempts to mask the country’s darkest secrets…
Almost 8 million children have been trafficked into the sex industry or kidnapped for forced labor. And the AIDS epidemic has left another 300,000 kids as extremely vulnerable orphans.
Our team travels to 3-5 cities or villages and serves in nearly a dozen different ways. For more than a decade we have partnered with local pastors to offer hope in the midst of suffering.
Join us on an expedition of light!
- Serve at girls homes that prevent trafficking
- Monk chat at Buddhist temples
- Teach Thai students conversational English
- Visit and encourage house churches
- Help rescue girls from the Red Light District
- Plant rice to feed a Christian girls home
- Embark on a tribal village outreach
- Tour the rain forest on a bamboo raft
- Ride tropical elephants in the jungle
- Shop in the world’s largest outdoor market
- Visit spectacular temple ruins
Click each of the pictures below to learn more about RIM’s work in Thailand…