Immerse Yourself. Encounter Others. Introduce Christ.
The “tired, poor and huddled masses” that immigrated through Ellis Island 100 years ago have grown into more than 8 million people living in only 309 square miles. Rich and poor. Business people and homeless. Drug addicts and at-risk kids. Walking down a single street leads to encounters with every race, religion and creed.
During your week-long short term mission trip, RIM will guide you through all 5 boroughs and challenge you to boldly share your faith with all kinds of people. Lost in the masses, many New Yorkers feel alone and insignificant. Come connect with those lost in the crowd. Introduce them to a God who notices them and genuinely cares!
- Build relationships with inner-city kids
- Volunteer in soup kitchens and serve meals to the homeless
- Package clothing and school supplies in distribution centers
- Spend time with the displaced and disenfranchised in city parks
- Partner with local churches to share Christ in their communities
- Ride 103-story elevator to the top of the Empire State Building
- Take a boat tour around New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty
- Explore Ground Zero, Chinatown, Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza and more…